Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fit For a Queen

Over the weekend, I went to see The King's Speech and I must tell you it was phenomenal. Helena Bonham Carter looks gorgeous throughout the entire movie, and her accessories were to die for. She plays the Queen consort to Colin Firth's King George VI during the 1930's and the costuming department did an excellent job in the film.

Afterward I began perusing the internet, looking for some Queen Elizabeth inspired adornments for brides, and I'm sharing my findings with you.

First up, this incredible Edward Berger lace pill box hat with a Russian netting accent would be unforgettable.



Shopjaxie on Etsy is a great store to look for veils and headpieces. I am drooling over this gorgeous birdcage veil. 


Vintage gloves would add a touch of glam to any ensemble inspired from days past. I love these lace gloves from the 1950's, also found on etsy.


Another fabulous find is this pair of fingerless gloves from the 1950's. Could they be any cuter?


Now, to finish off the look, you would definitely need several strands of layered pearls. Blue Nile has great prices for the real deal, like this triple strand of baroque pearls for $185. 
With all of these accessories, I think the dress should be a little simpler, and probably short. If you can't find a true vintage gown, look into an ivory or white bridesmaids dress, such as this one from Jordan.


As you walk down the aisle, dressed absolutely to perfection, you're sure to make your groom stammer. 

1 comments:

Katie Joy said...

That birdcage veil is so cute! I actually like the pill box hat with the veil attached, also. Can't believe it, though. Very cute stuff!